Thursday, February 2, 2017

Grass Fed Butter? Really?

Since this anonymous, I guess I can post stuff here that I wouldn't if I knew the person who gave the presentation could see it. Honestly, he is doing the best he can, and is trying to help, but...

Grass fed butter?

So as a part of my weight loss competition I am required to go to some nutrition presentations - or to watch videos of them after the fact. In this first one he is talking about fats.

Fats aren't bad is the main think I'm learning from this. Which actually I quite believe. I think the no fat diet is not a good idea. Obviously a diet that is 60% fat is a terrible idea. And obviously there are better fats than others. But you have to have fat in your diet, at least some, and good ones.

He even said that butter can be good for you - much better than margarine and some of the other substitutes.

But he then said to try to find grass fed butter.

Honestly whether or not the cows from which the milk was sucked to make my butter ate grass or grain is NOT the reason that I'm unhealthy.

I really hate how people fixate on such insignificant things when I have so many more huge things that are wrong.

I know what to do. I know what needs to happen. I know what is right. That's not my problem. I'm 100% sure that my problem is psychological. I am a pretty screwed up individual (in my own way), and until I get that worked out, I'm going to struggle.

It's easy to overeat when your world appears to be closing in around you, when you feel trapped by your life into something that you never wanted with no way out...eating becomes a catharsis, an escape, a way to turn at least SOMETHING into good feelings.

Eating your feelings?

Yeah, so I can do that.

So getting my head on straight is probably where I should be focusing.

Now if I can only figure out how to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment